View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 08:25 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Anyone with a big cap number next year is going to be very difficult to trade. With the cap dropping $6M, we were already going to have to amnesty Briere. Now, we're trying to convince someone to take a declining scorer with a huge cap number, AND find a team who can take his cap for next year. That boils down to basically St. Louis and the Islanders, and I don't think Briere desires playing for either team. Same goes for Meszaros, who looks awful, gets hurt, and is $4M on the cap for next year.

We might be able to get the Rangers, who are desperate, to take back Fedotenko and cross your fingers that we get a 4th round pick for him.

A decision also needs to be made on Gagne, hinging on whether or not he stays, goes, or goes and comes back.

Under no circumstances can the Flyers also be caught with bonus overages that flow into next season because of LTIR, in a year where they're not going to the playoffs.
I still think there are teams that could take Briere and possibly Mez. Someone floated the idea of Briere for Boyle, but I'm not really interested because his cap hit is worse (but for one less year than Briere).