View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 08:41 AM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The reason Nichushkin is left out is because he plays in a lower Russian league. I'm not saying he isn't going to be a very good player (his play at the WJC and the Subway series showed he has serious talent), but nobody knows what he wants to do. He had an opportunity to showcase himself and play in North America and he turned it down. Usually, that's a warning sign right there. With that being said, he has stated that he wants to play in the NHL, so at least there's some acknowledgement there. The biggest issue though is that there doesn't seem to be a time frame as to when he would want to come over.
He played 20 games on a very good KHL team and did fairly well so I don't quite get the lower league stuff. He was awesome at the WJC as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Signed with the KHL for two more years. "Russian factor" worry that he might stay in the KHL or return there ala Radulov. I can ony see teams with a Russian base willing to take him.
Two years takes him to his age 20 season. That's when Malkin came over and ahead of Tarasenko and Kuznetsov. He's not ready next year, so basically you're waiting on one year. There's always going to be the "Russian Factor" with Russian players. You have to do your homework. That said, he should be in the discussion. Not saying he should be the pick but to talk about taking guys like Monahan, Ristolainen, Zadaorov, Lindholm and not even have him in the discussion just doesn't seem right. He's a cut above those guys if we're talking strictly hockey.