View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 09:04 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
"Tanking" is a pretty broad term.

First, I want the players on the ice to give 100% effort. That doesn't change from year to year. Part of the disaster of this season seems to be that they are out of games mentally, and that needs to be addressed. They aren't cohesive and often just look lost out there.

Second, I want intelligent coaching decisions to be made about good line combinations, who's hot and who needs a rest. This starts to become more fluid as a bad season progresses. We've seen the effects of marching Bryzgalov out for all but 2 games. At this point, there is no reason to overplay Timonen, Grossmann or Giroux for that matter. Brière is a whole other story, as we have beaten to death (the topic, not Brière). I'd like to see a whole lot of Gustafsson and giving him top-line minutes. Hopefully he'll be back up with the Flyers soon. I don't want to see Knuble again

I want smart GM moves and considerations for the current situation. This is the most blatant aspect of "tanking", but it's just smart business to sell high and buy low. There's zero need to add players for a playoff push, but significant value in dealing some for prospects/picks and for cap space. A fire sale isn't needed, but be active in discussions.

Goals right now should be to work with the players to fix what is going so horribly wrong on the ice, while making personnel decisions that will strengthen this team for next season and beyond.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote