View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 10:04 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
If we're trading with Philly, I would much rather have Brayden Schenn than Couturier. He's been much better than him this season. He's the better player with the higher offensive ceiling.
Because Couturier made it to the NHL a year earlier than Schenn people forget that Couturier is actually two years younger than Schenn. Brayden was taken the same year as OEL and is just now cracking the NHL roster full time. Couturier was taken after OEL and after Gormley. The same year as Connor Freaking Murphy. He's a baby. He's got a loooooooooong way to go before he peaks as an NHL player. This should really be his rookie season, anyway.

Now I'm not saying Couturier is the better asset. It is too early to tell. It is incredibly impressive to see an 18 year old kid step right into the NHL from the Q of all leagues, and become the shut down center on a Stanley Cup contender while still managing to pot 10-15 goals. In junior he was seen as an offensive dynamo. That upside is still there. He could possibly, potentially be Martin Hanzal but with twice the points. He's a damn good prospect. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by rt: 03-19-2013 at 10:12 AM.