View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 11:19 AM
northstarnicky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungbaby View Post
I get your point, do you get mine? I don't care if a player scores 200 goals a year if his line is letting in 250. Replace that 200 goal player with a 20 goal scorer whose line only lets in 15 and we will still win more games than we lose. Understand?
Yes I do get your point. I just think that Kessel is not THE ONLY reason the line is getting scored on. You don't see my point, if we had a top pairing D for example, plus Dustin Brown instead of JVR on his LW would help?

I just believe it is easier to get a Brown, Clarkson type of player than it is to get a player with the natural scoring ability that Kessel brings. As I said, the UFA pool will not help as those types of point a game players will already be signed and thus NOT available. And I can promise you this with all certainty..... To get the scoring Kessel gives us, WILL cost us roughly what we paid for him already. Trading for a Brown/Clarkson type, would cost half of that.

Teams just don't trade 30+ goal scorers who happen to be 25 or so years old. Kessel will have 200 goals at some point just after his 26th birthday. Let's trade the bum!

Last edited by northstarnicky: 03-19-2013 at 11:24 AM.