View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 10:36 AM
r7carlson24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
Some people here won't consider Howard an OK goalie until he proves that he can indeed carry the Wings entirely on his back. It bothers those people not at all that, as you've said, no goalie in the league can do so, nor that no Red Wings goalie in their lifetime has been able to do so.

Apparently they want unspecified ultra-mega-cyborg goalie #873 in net instead.
Which is is ridiculous in my opinion. Look at what Jimmy Howard has been able to do since he became the starter and consider the fact he has been playing on teams that are less talented than probably any Red Wing team for the past 15 years. Not to mention he hasn't really had a competent backup since he became the starter.

I'll agree that I'm nervous of a 6 or 7 year contract for Howard. Not because I don't think he's worth it, but you never know what's going to happen in terms of injuries and other issues. It's not like the NFL where all that matters is guaranteed money and you can just cut ties whenever you please. If he all of a sudden becomes DiPietro that cap hit is going to effect us. With that said if that's what Holland and Co. choose to do I'd be fine with that. Howard has proven to be one of the top goalies in the NHL.

r7carlson24 is offline   Reply With Quote