View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 10:37 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Well depending on who you talk to he is most scouts top pick for forward. Mackinnon plays like Crosby does, that drive you see him bring. He just doesn't have the playmaking skills that sets Crosby apart. Drouins hockey IQ is just off the charts, Mac is up there too but just not on the same level.

If a team wants a forward over D then Drouin I can see being #1

But I think Jones is one of those franchise Defense that most teams need more so then a #1 forward. That's why I think Jones has the advantage.

Like with the Flyers, do you draft a guy who is going to be the franchise defensemen for many years to come, or do you take the guy who I real think will put up 80-90 point seasons
It all depends. If you draft a forward who can put up 80 - 90 point seasons, you can move a forward from the depth that the Flyers have and acquire a legitimate top pairing defenseman. That option is always available, especially for a franchise that has issues developing defensemen. If you can draft a Barkov, Mackinnon or Drouin and move a guy like Couturier to get that elusive defenseman this club needs, then I think it's something they'll probably consider.

EDIT: Of note, I'm not advocating moving Couturier, I'm just saying that if it comes down to one of the top forwards or one of the top defensemen in the draft are available, it won't surprise me if the Flyers take the forward and then move a forward off the roster for a defenseman.