View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 10:50 AM
JansenHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Nice List. Jake Lawr is a 98 though.

Do u thnk the first goalie is taken late round 2 or round 3? I think Adrian Clark will be one of the first names called.
I didn't know he was a 98. Sorry about that.

Clark had a good weekend. Im not sure if these few days will drive him to the top of the list. That team has been scouted to death and he and McGlynn have been viewed 20 or 30 times. Scouts know what they can do. I think they are the best one two punch in the Province and will do well on draft day. McGlynn was 2-0-1 and Clark 2-1-1 allowing only 6 goals between them. The two best games were the JrC and Halton OT wins. Close scores that kept them on their toes.

I think the first pick may come late in the second or early third. Names like Helvig, Tampano, and McNiven are getting circulated as early picks. McNiven was terrific when Halton played Oakville. As I have said before he has his own unique style but gets it done. I also think Fazio has a shot are an early pick. He's just good. Nice size and battles hard for EMC. Sleepers like Cormier could surprise us on draft day. Blacker won't be ignored and will get picked mid rounds if not sooner. The US kids will get sorted through after the USNTDP tryout this weekend since a few are have been invited. Who knows what will come out of Ottawa or the northern teams. I haven't seen them enough to really judge the talent.

Goaltender picks and the order is meaningless unless its round 1. I think the top 15 in this group are close in talent. Size, athleticism, and developed skill may place one slightly in front of another but each has an equal shot at making a team in the next year or two.

Is there anyone on the list that won't get picked?