03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 8: The North Remembers

Continue here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
0.71 PPG while playing through an injury, bad puck luck (ie. low on ice shooting%) and playing on a line with *another* player playing through an injury isn't exactly bad... eberle is still having a pretty decent season, pro-rated to 59 points over a full 82 game season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Typical ignorant NHL fan comment.

Ask Canes fans about who their most complete forward is. They will say Semin. Many put his defensive game and impact at a near Jordan Staal level.

He's the defensive conscious on that line with Staal and Tlusty, and had been an NHL best at plus/minus over the last 3-5 seasons. You're just talking out of your ****** because you look at his nationality and not how he plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Any trade proposals that include Eberle, RNH, or Yakupov are posted by people who are "success now at all costs" types, I would imagine.

That being said, I honestly don't expect Edmonton to make any considerable moves at the deadline. Tambellini cannot settle for picks and prospects, and I don't see any contenders giving up pieces of their teams to Edmonton for a Smid, Whitney, Hemsky or Khabibulin. I can see the team making moves in the offseason though, since that's when teams are more apt to dealing roster players.

My bet is this... Khabibulin is dealt to Boston as they don't want to go into the playoffs with Khudobin as their back-up to Rask. Khabi could bring in a pick (2nd or lower), which I don't mind because it's not like he'd be playing a ton of games with us anyways. I could also see Khabby ending up in Winnipeg to give them some insurance in net since they're in the playoff hunt in the east as well.

If the Oilers get any indecisiveness from Smid about his chances of re-signing, my bet is that they deal him too, so they don't risk losing him for nothing.

If Edmonton can find a taker for Belanger, he's probably gone too.

Whitney and Hemsky are probably gone in the offseason. Depending upon how agressive Tambellini is, I wouldn't be surprised to see us a few draft picks lighter as well. (2013 and 2014)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
That wheeler proposal is pretty ridiculous, but i think most people offering to trade Eberle do it because he has the most value of our RW overload, and we want a major upgrade to our backend, not the scraps we'd get for Hemsky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
Since we're dealing Eberle(), why not to Buffalo:

Eberle for Ehroff
Eberle for Hodgeson and Stafford
Eberle for Vanek(at least he can score, right?)
Eberle for Miller(since he is so much better than Dubnyk)