View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Tanguay is average size.

I was just underlining the fact that Saint-Louis is small but he has powerful legs. Hence me disagreeing with WeThreeKings when he mentioned that ... DD would excel in a role similar to what St. Louis has in Tampa Bay.... Desharnais is small and he does not have enough lower body strength to thrive, long terms, as a winger alongside the board.

Again: based on their respective forces/weaknesses, Eller on wings and Desharnais at C would provide us with an optimal contribution.
My point about Tanguay is that his best/most useful asset is his vision and he's still able to use that on the wings. So it's certainly plausible that Desharnais will also still be able to use his vision on the wings hence his strength is not diminished by playing on the wing. Granted we have to try it to see if he can actually adapt.

If we want to look at his weaknesses, I think I'd rather have a less physically strong guy on the wing. A center battles along the boards arguably just as much if not more than the winger when we consider the defensive zone battles as well. Second his puck retrieval skills can be minimized by dumping it onto the other wingers side.