Old
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Yeah, they're bigger. But they're big enough or skilled enough to win battles.

Tatar plays with the speed and intensity and quickness to win battles. And Tatar can create space with skill. Those idiots think that kicking the puck around and losing a battle is good enough.

What I am saying, these guys don't create space. It's a myth.
Todd Bertuzzi creates some space, despite all of his giveaways, because he's 6'3, 240 pounds and people watch their back when he's on the ice.
Justin Abdelakder is a plug. Look how much better Drew Miller looked on Z's line than Abdelkader looks on Pavel's line.
Cause Miller skates, he's higher energy, and has an IQ.

Abdelkader is playing what Brett Hull called "stupid hockey." Coach Babcock loves having guys like that, maybe because Babcock was a no-skill player who had to kick pucks around the boards his entire career.
I got no problem with Abs playing a 4th line wing/PK role.

But I'm sick and tired of people making excuses for the Datsyuk-Abdelkader line.

It makes no sense.

Everyone thinks we're going to be better when healthy.

Having Helm back will help. But when Bertuzzi and Sammy join... we're just last year's team -- except older, slower and worse on defense.
To a certain degree I think you're preaching to the choir here. When the injuries were at their worst, I don't think it would have mattered who was on Datsyuk's wing. I know we disagree about that, and I don't feel like going into a three week old argument about it.

With Gator, specifically, I think he's inexperienced. And he does lack IQ - but I think some of that could be helped with experience in the top6. Since I think we both know that Nyquist/Tatar are not going to get that shot, I'm more okay with Gator there than Cleary. It sucks, we both think it's the wrong choice, but it is what it is.

I think we will get better as we get healthy. And the rest of the conference isn't exactly lighting the world on fire (well, except for Chicago and Anaheim). I think both of us want to see the kids worked into the lineup, but it just doesn't appear likely.