View Single Post
03-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
So your solution is to add a player or players that won't fix the Canucks actual problem?

I'm not saying the Canucks are 1 player away. I'm saying that the Canucks need to build a better team and going out and getting bit pieces that don't actually fix the problem that is plaguing the Canucks (inability to score) is really a bad way to go. What is the point of going out and getting players like Goc when after they do the Canucks are still essentially the same team with the same underlying problems.

If Gillis can find a rental that can put the Canucks over the edge, then he should do it. But I highly doubt he will be able to find that kind of player. He needs to make a hockey deal.
This is it. Do you move a 2nd rd pick plus in a deep draft for a guy that won't turn things around or pay a steeper price for a guy like Roy that IS unquestionably good enough to help turn things around? You can keep digging around the bargain bin looking for the David Booth's of the league or you can pay a bigger price and add a Jeff Carter type. With the Canucks window being tied to the Sedins, you need to try and win a championship in the next 3 years. Hedging your bets and trying to be mediocre for the next 10 won't get this franchise it's 1st ever Stanley cup.

The Canucks have a big trade chip in Luongo/Schneider that they can use to help offset the loss of picks and prospects in a deal for an impact player. They would essentially be swapping a Luongo for a Roy, which would make the team younger.