Thread: Helene St. James Tough Sledding
View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 12:23 PM
RedWingsNow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
To a certain degree I think you're preaching to the choir here. When the injuries were at their worst, I don't think it would have mattered who was on Datsyuk's wing. I know we disagree about that, and I don't feel like going into a three week old argument about it.

With Gator, specifically, I think he's inexperienced. And he does lack IQ - but I think some of that could be helped with experience in the top6. Since I think we both know that Nyquist/Tatar are not going to get that shot, I'm more okay with Gator there than Cleary. It sucks, we both think it's the wrong choice, but it is what it is.

I think we will get better as we get healthy. And the rest of the conference isn't exactly lighting the world on fire (well, except for Chicago and Anaheim). I think both of us want to see the kids worked into the lineup, but it just doesn't appear likely.
I'm trying to figure out how Gator scored 24 goals in Grand Rapids.

It's time to let the Lapointe comparisons go away.
Lapointe was 22 the year he scored 16 goals. He put up 4 15-17 goal seasons in a row before breaking loose with 27.

Lapointe had a hard slapshot and a great wrist shot. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the box, but he had some offensive instincts.

I think Frk is more like Lapointe than Abdelkader is/was.

Abs is missing stick skills. He's got a weak shot. He's got a slow release. he doesn't appear to have hand-eye to deflect pucks. I just don't see offense in his game.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote