View Single Post
Old
08-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Adam91

vCash: 500
My stickhandling is probably the best part of my game. I practice specific drills at least 30 minutes a day but its with a smarthockey ball but it doesn't translate directly to the feel of a puck. Luckily I saved up a bunch of money and I'm ordering some synthetic ice which should be coming in pretty soon, that should really help me. I find that when I stickhandle with a smartball in my basement I have excellent hands but on the ice there just above average, so I think practicing with a puck who help me more quickly. Does anyone know when I should start seeing more results from using a puck? ( I see a fair bit of results from stickhandling with a ball).

Also. I feel that one of the main things that stops me from being an elite level player is my skating ability. I've only played hockey for 4 years so the kids who play AAA that I'm trying to catch up have alot of expierence on me. Since I live in British Columbia and its the summer there isn't alot of ice available. Luckily I live on a flat street and own a pair of rollerblades. My question to you guys is what are some specific drills I can to do on my blades to improve my icehockey skating?

Someone asked earlier if I'm willing to improve?
I'm very willing I spend almost all of my day, everyday doing something to improve my hockey skills.

Once again thanks for all the help guys

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote