View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
BSHH
HSVer & Rotflügel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
(...) I'm liberal. And apparently ridiculously liberal. And more liberal than I feel, because I live in Europe where most people would answer those questions exactly the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
I was left of everything apparently, like REALLY left. I consider myself left but I didn't know to that extent
(...)
Because you're from Germany, where those positions wouldn't even seem strange to you if you were a CDU/CSU voter.
Being from Germany as well, I also got a far left/liberal result, which does not fit my personal politcal perception. But these political labels are not accurate for a system which is based on proportional voting (as implemented in Cetral Europe) instead of a clear-cut majority vote system (as typical for countries influenced by England).

With regard to the upcoming federal election, I do not feel well represented by any party. However, I intend to shift my vote to the opposite political spectrum for the first time in my life. By the way, my answers were:

1. There need to be stricter laws and regulations to protect the environment: Completely Agree
2. The government should help more needy people even if it means going deeper in debt: Mostly Disagree
3. The growing number of newcomers from other countries threaten traditional American customs and values: Mostly Disagree
4. I never doubt the existence of God: Completely Disagree
5. Business corporations make too much profit: Mostly Disagree
6. Gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry legally: Mostly Agree
7. The government needs to do more to make health care affordable and accessible: Completely Agree
8. One parent can bring up a child as well as two parents together: Mostly Agree
9. Government regulation of business usually does more harm than good: Mostly Disagree
10. Abortion should be illegal in all or most cases: Completely Disagree
11. Labor unions are necessary to protect the working person: Mostly Agree
12. Poor people have become too dependent on government assistance programs: Mostly Disagree

Gruß,
BSHH

BSHH is offline   Reply With Quote