View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:16 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
Lol, nope, we are 6pts back of minny right now (i know, doesnt sound like much right?), BUT, and this is what people cant seem to figure out, we need to win 3 in a row AND they have to lose 3 in a row JUST TO TIE THEM...now, do you really think even THAT is a possibility (and dont give me the "anything is possible" rhetoric, even that is a long shot, and thats just to tie, not take the lead (AND its not even taking into account that van can still take the lead again during those 3 games).

Anyways, this is why we have to win a bunch in a row, if we win lets say 8 in a row, we would be at 44 pts, minny is at 34 right now, so they would have to go .500 in their next 10 games just for us to tie them, and like i said, thats not even taking van into the equation, and once again, we arent even close to minny for the tie breaker either (although we're only 1 behind van, so we would almost want them to be in the lead at that time).

Point is, ANY game you lose from here on out is going to be demoralizing. Cant afford to lose any for a while, do you really think that will happen with this team, despite how they've played lately? Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic.
Take a look at the last 10 games played by everyone. Ripping off 8 in a row would likely make us the best team in the West over the next 10 games. Only Chicago had 8 wins in their last 10. We're 3 points from being in sole possession of 8th place. Of the teams from 7th to last, only Columbus has a winning record in that span. If we can win 6 or 7, without giving up an OT point, that gives us 12 or 14 points. If the other teams keep their same pace (8 - 10 points over that time), then we've leapfrogged San Jose and Phoenix and possibly Vancouver, and gained room on Nashville and Calgary (Columbus is on a hot streak, so who knows what they do).

8 in a row, versus Minnesota's current 70% win percentage (and they're heading on the road more), would put us right up with them. 10 in a row and we're ahead. And that's IF they were to keep up their current win percentage, which I doubt. They may be too far to catch, but winning 8 in a row is unrealistic for almost any team. And its not necessary to pull ahead of the other struggling teams around us. We don't NEED it. It would help a lot, but its not a necessity.