View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ARMY EAST View Post
They will need to find a goaltender to go along with Lavigne.
Mike Thomas is committed and it will be interesting to see if Kevin Gagne lands on the Hill, or will he choose the minor pro ranks?
Gagne just signed a contract within the last couple weeks I believe...Anaheim maybe?

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Carroll get a pro offer either.

I thought I remember seeing/reading something last year that Wright only intended on staying 4 years.

And remember, Todd is in his 4th year eligibility-wise but his 5th year of schooling. Same situation with Shutron, who is in his 3rd year of eligibility but his 4th year of school.

And we can't forget the head coach....I believe he is entering the final year of his contract this year.

With the roster cap I wonder if we will see more Lavigne/Thomas situations going forward where guys are basically red-shirting like they do in the US. Obviously the top players major junior recruits will be playing right away but I wonder if guys who have to sit out for a year (like Thomad and Lavigne) or the lesser major junior guys would start their schooling and practice with the team for a year with the understanding that they will be playing the following year. If any teams could convince guys to do that it could be pretty advantageous....having a guy who practiced with your team for a year to come in as a "rookie".