View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 01:20 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
Yup, 6-0-4 and still in 13th...sure they are only 2 pts out, but like you just said, they have gone 10 straight games in which they got at least a point (16pts out of a possible 20) and they are still in 13th, which was what i've been trying to tell you guys about the Oilers chances, they have to win a s***load in a row (and no 3pt games) just to get into 8th, since (and this is the point that everybody is STILL overlooking), EVERY game in the west has at least 1 team getting 2pts (so, that means half the conference is getting points every game, which makes it tough to make up ground).

It would be different if it was a normal year where you have games against the east teams, but its not...not sure why people cant figure this out...and dont get me wrong, i want them to make it and it definitely looks much better than it did a week ago, but its still a long ways away and we need a lot of help too, basically the stars have to line up for us to make it, thats all i'm saying.
Columbus went from the basement to a playoff contender in 10 games. They were way behind. Now they are looking like a team that will make it. We have better odds than the teams below us, and only 2 more wins than the 3 teams ahead of us (not counting OT losses) to make the playoffs. Barring a miracle run, this can still happen. It won't be easy, but its certainly realistic.