View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:21 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
The Day situation is defintely weird, however, I have talked to Day and he (obviously) really REALLY wants this ES granted to him. Speaking only from my feelings but even if I was denied ES, I couldn't see myself having the urge to represent Canada because of it. In saying that, I haven't lived/played in US either.

He contacted me and said that he finds out between March 20-25th
Agree 100%. I mentioned that as well. That scenario works in Day's favour. They dont want to lose one of there own to the USHL and Team USA. In my view, if there is no ES for Day, he will turn his back and play USA hockey for his career.

I saw the twitter page and u feel for him. ES should be secretive and its not with him. Ken Strong was telling anyone that would listen that he had no idea that Mcdavid applied. Of course he knew, he was just protecting him from the scrutiny. If Mcdavid didnt get it, there would not be all these articles talking about Mcdavid not getting ES. It would be speculation as not many people could confirm that he applied 100%. Imagine the stories written about Day if he doesnt get ES? TSN confirmed his intentions in November after Silver Sticks, a first that an ES candiate was applying and talking about on local media. That will be the talk for a few weeks. Not fair for the guy. I hope he gets ES.