View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Sorinth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Read. The. Explanation.

Galchenyuk was picked and put in this lineup by Bergevin, who had a HUGE say in this pick AND him starting in the lineup. Just like Price, who got picked by Gainey (Timmins gave him the option between Staal and Price, Gainey picked the goalie), and then put in the lineup because Gainey ordered it. Subban was picked by Timmins, developed in Gainey's era, and integrated in Gauthier's reign. None of these guys deserve the credit Timmins got. If I was dishonest, I'd have attributed him to Bergevin, because he signed his contract under Bergevin.
Do you have any proof that Bergevin decided on Galchenyuk or did he just let Timmins make the choice? As for signing an 18 year old top pick, every team did this this year. Thanks to the lockout everyone wanted to sign their young players to entry level deals rather than wait and see (I think in part this was because otherwise they wouldn't be eligble for camp). Do we have any indication that Bergevin decided that Galchenyuk was making the team, did he overule Therrien, like Gainey was rumored to have done with Price.

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote