View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post

A Bishop + Wiercioch return for Read would be a win for the Flyers. Even though Read is a good player, such a deal could give Philly a #1 goaltender and a top 4 defenseman. As a Sens fan I hope Murray keeps Wiercioch out of any deal. Kid has the tools to be a real good defender, tremendous raw talent.
See, I think the issue is actually less Weircioch's perceived value to Flyers fans than Bishop's.

I was impressed (albeit in limited viewings) with Weircioch, and I had 15th row seats for the 3/2/13 game where Bishop was really good in a 2-1 loss in in Philadelphia. But he has taken his time to break in, and I think most Flyers fans aren't quite convinced he's a regular NHL starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
No offense to Read, but soon enough he is a UFA, his good cap value doesnt mean alot to Sens right now. He doesn't seem the like the type of quality player our prospect pipeline can't produce either. I can understand why you'd want a good player, I just fail to see the point for Ottawa. They'd be better off shipping off Bishop for rental scoring help.
Briere is the player you want.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote