Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:25 PM
J Murda

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
I dont know man,when KHL is mentioned in any way in lets say NHL subforums its always hatred and dislike for many Canadians and Americans or maybe i just get the wrong impression?
Maybe some of them had grandpas that fed them all types of cold war crap growing up. To me, a KHL contract seems a little better than riding the bus in the american league.Especially for a smaller player who thrives on big ice and a less physical setting.Maybe I'm weird. No one really pays attention to the KHL here though yet, though, but I have hopes that could change. Clearly it will be a Russian dominated league for a time to come, but the newer teams have the opportunity to be multinational and make it a true global league, and maybe the mentality will change around here if more and more guys like Nigel Dawes and Justin Hodgeman and even more Gillies' and Mirastys go over. Don't get me wrong though, I am also exited to see these teams signing players from the Euro leagues too and hopefully we will start seeing players showing up on rosters from less traditional hockey countries. What Im trying too say is I'm stoked about where the KHL is going, and I think a lot of Canadians have the wrong idea about it. Having said that, I've never been to Russia or Europe for that matter yet, but to me this league just screams opportunity.