View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
He had a shoulder injury. The previous incident only came to light when the 20 yr old victim learned of this more recent claim and stepped forward saying similar happened to her three weeks ago. I don't think Johnson would have pulled the same stunt if he was being charged/investigated for doing the same thing not weeks earlier.

Regarding Rychel - it's about being innocent until proven guilty. You have to best protect your players, like you would protect your own kid if they were in the same situation.

Accusations don't look good, but it's not a black and white world either. A 16 yr old was in a night club, that's a whole new can of worms. Absolutely not saying she deserved anything that came her way if her accuations are true, but it also leaves room for situations where there could have been misread signals and the like. As for the 20 yr old - she only came forward now, so didn't think it was sexual assault "enough" to come forward earlier. I completely understand why the 20 yr old wouldn't as it's a he-said, she-said situation, and you open yourself up to extreme scrutiny and even doubt yourself and figure you might be partially to blame - but Ducharme is well worth his money if you are innocent or are guilty. Johnson's go to play - sex in the bathroom of clubs - will definitely be used against him, but all Ducharme has to do is create reasonable doubt and I think given what has been reported I think that will be relatively easy as long as Johnson admits to having sex but claims it was consensual. Sexual assault cases are hard to get convictions where one side claims it was consensual, because biological evidence then doesn't matter ie he's admitting to being there and having sex. The woman who waited three weeks to come forward will be discounted because she waited. The 16 yr old seems to have gone straight to emerg for a **** kit, so she'll be much more believable as a accuser BUT she also was WAY underage in a club and Ducharme will argue that Johnson had every reason to believe she was 19yo+, and if they were seen together at the club during the night - dancing, flirting, kissing etc, that Ducharme will chock it up to confused/mixed signals and it would be come a he-said, she-said situation as to what happened in the bathroom unless there was somehow witnesses in there, which one would have to doubt.
The "I didn't know she was underage" excuse doesn't fly... especially in this case where Johnson is accused of sexual assault, not statutory r@pe.

As for the 20yo, I don't think she reported this AFTER this latest incident, because really she would have had no idea it happened. She more than likely reported it, but had nothing much to go off of except a description. When this 2nd attack allegedly happened, the police could match up the two crimes.