View Single Post
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by quoipourquoi View Post
A point of contention was Fedorov having limited ice-time in Detroit because they were deep at center, hence sub-70-point seasons. Anaheim lacked depth, but Babcock felt Fedorov wasn't earning more than that same amount of ice-time - and Fedorov received typically less than 20 at the end of the season.

As for your Getzlaf/Perry point, maybe I'd buy that had they not been demoted to the AHL during the season - and had you not been wrong about Fedorov playing on the 2005-06 Mighty Ducks. I mean, thinking that Selanne signed AFTER Fedorov was traded suggests to me that you don't know that much about the 2005-06 team, hence your belief that Getzlaf/Perry deserved equal billing with Niedermayer. None of them played a game for the Mighty Ducks franchise prior to the commencement of Selanne's 90-point Masterton season.
Wow,so if Fedorov was being cut at the end of the season to less than 20 per game as you claim but still averaged 21:05 for the year...holy smokes, that means he was skating 25 plus before the alleged cut in ice time. That's a lot of ice time for a forward.

BamBamCam* is offline   Reply With Quote