View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
The Pens tanked on purpose for Lemieux. They didn't tank on purpose for their current crop.

I think that's an important distinction...wanting a team to lose on purpose is different from not minding that they're sucking horribly because it allows you to stock talent. Shades of grey, and all that.

I'd say it's fair to relentlessly mock an organization for allowing itself to be so bad...for instance, I can't really defend the Flyers for this year. People on the main board say "You suck lolz tradez last year lolz Bryz lolz" and there isn't much else to say; sadly, the reality is that we do kind of suck, and it's easy to attribute that to management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I think, he essentially signed for the same money that had been offered in Pit. I believe that being a permanent # 3 and opportunity to play with the brother affected his decision more than money.
A couple of my friends who are NYR fans are already coming to grips with losing their Staal to Carolina