View Single Post
Old
12-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mike
Peca has a problem with Laviolette anyway i do not know why they posted that rumor on spectorshockey.net
i agree it's a silly rumor, though not that far fetched in terms of value. i think from an objective standpoint i'd give the edge to the isles in terms of getting a need. but i don't do it for stability purposes unless peca's contract is that much of an issue- and i don't believe it to be.

but peca does not dislike lavi by any means. he defended him in newsday just the other day when he was asked about the team's inconsistent play. he said the team's crappy play couldn't be blamed on the coach and that, essentially, he guessed it proved that lavi wasn't to blame in the first place last year for its crappy play then. he was saying
that the team needs to do what it takes and stop looking to the coach.

also, peca came out and said he was good friends with lavi before and after lavi's departure. if there's anyone that pec's not thrilled with, it's mad mike- your namesake- because mm said that peca needed to stop whining and start acting more like a captain (last year or in the off season).