View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
There was on thread on the main boards of Best Defensive Forwards outside of Datsyuk and alot of Carolina fans state he is great defensively and would pencil him into top 10 defensive forwards based on his play.

Now this may be biased but still noteworthy that a group of fans truly believe he is a top notch defensive forward.

To note none of these are my opinions as i haven't watched him enough to know how good he is defensively.
That's an interesting observation on their part. He must have turned a temporary leaf. Hopefully he can solve it long term and eliminate his inconsistencies.

Like I said, he has the skill, speed and ability to pick a play as part of his repertoire. I don't think he's generally inclined to play a defensive or fully complete game as he's usually too high in his own zone looking for the offensive opportunity. Not say that when he wants to he can remove his man from the puck with quick lifts and using his elite hockey sense mixed with his speed to break-up the play.

Personally I would ask Capitals fans for more complete opinions of his play. For reasons I mentioned before. I can say I've watched him play a fairly solid share. The majority of his games in Washington and about six games of his on and off in Carolina this year. Exciting young team much the same as what drew me to watching the Caps in the past. He's a dangerous defender but not complete in the sense if premier shutdown ability.