View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Yes for sure. Nick schultz stinks and is playing like a #6 dman on a team with bad defense. Hemsky is not in the teams long term plans it is as simple as that. We have skilled forwards and though I have always stuck up for Hemsky when others on here wanted to flay him it's better to deal him.

Perhaps you are assuming I am saying give them away ? No i am not. As for Khabby, who is going to be the back up if he gets dealt for a 5th rounder. Yan Denis one play away from being our starter?
Whitney, another guy I have stuck up for when people wanted him gone should also be traded now that there seems to be a market for Dmen and while he is playing well. He will fall back into the bad times sooner or later.
You could either get the opposing team's backup back or Trade for Brian Boucher, Michael Leighton, Jose Theodore or Thomas Greiss, among others.

Seriously, it's not the end of the world, dealing Habby, especially if you can get something for him at this point. As for Hemsky and Schultz, you really only do it if it makes sense and/or if the Oilers are out of the hunt.

There are 7 games between now and the deadline, odds are that we'll all know one way or the other whether the Oilers are in the Hunt or not by that point.