View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
Yessir. Logan is a more talented version of Steps. Which says a lot. Not that whether one or the other plays on the 1st or 2nd line makes a difference on a Torts team anyway though

So many people blew this out of proportion and took it way out of context. To this day I see people posting the following:

"there's fans here who wanted to trade Stepan for Jussi Jokinen!!2?!! OMGG!"

No. I wanted to trade scraps for J Jokinen when Stepan was playing AHL caliber hockey from February 2012 to last month. I still want Jussi. Very underrated 2 way player at this stage. An obvious upgrade over Boyle. But then again my cat is probably an obvious upgrade over Boyle.

If there was someone else I don't know about that ever proposed Stepan for J Jokinen straight up, they need to be found and beaten
He was never playing bad. Some obnoxious fans overreacted to a scoring slump, even when he was getting quality scoring chances. The same thing happened with Hags after the first 10 games of the year, putting him out in every trade proposal it was embarrassing. The same thing right now is happening with Gaborik, who is getting his chances but we need a scapegoat I guess. Young players, especially playmaking centers often struggle early in their careers in the playoffs. Detroit with Datsyuk for example. Now Im not comparing Datsyuk to Stepan, but people are so quick to throw in 'playoff choker' to young players when they've had minimum opportunities to prove themselves.