View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
I believe Emmerton is thinking that he has to prove he deserves a spot in the line up. If he's busy thinking this is the end of the line it will reflect in his play and that's the last thing that he would want, I'm sure.
Well, yes... it would be odd for Cory to submit his retirement paperwork to Holland just b/c Andersson has shown that he's far more likely to assume 4C duties in the future. Just pointing out that it's a credit to him for showing that he can play in this league in the right situation, but that Andersson's emergence has probably meant that Emmerton's place will be with a different team soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'd argue we have two guys who should be considered better than Eaves and Miller (and Emmerton) but they're buried right now. Nyquist and Tatar have shown enough in GR to have earned a promotion to 29 teams in the league, and they don't exactly have a stacked deck in front of them on the 30th.
Exactly. It's not like Gus and Tomas are knocking on the door of the 2002 Wings roster and being turned away. We have plenty of veteran depth, which is certainly helpful when injuries occur, but this of all years should have been the chance for these guys to earn a spot and then keep it. I'd say that Tatar earned his role on the 3rd line and should have been given a crack on the 2nd, while Gus didn't look good but also only had a tiny window of time to prove himself.

If Kenny and Babs couldn't get on the same page this season when it came to working in the top forward prospects... yikes. That needs to change in the future.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote