View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 04:42 PM
AstroDan
Stars, cars, guitars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Well the top-6 has been taking really bad shots lately, considering we average about 2 goals a game.

If his shooting percentage is high, that's something that will likely drop off. He's getting a ton of shots through, but that is also something that will likely regress. Fact is the sample size is way too small to draw any concrete conclusions yet. We'll have a better picture when he plays more, and we'll have a better understanding of his skillset once teams start realizing he's not useless offensively like Murray and most of Dan Boyle's recent partners.

Your argument sounds like a false dichotomy. It certainly isn't the only answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
How is it a false dichotomy? Please explain it to me. And yes, I did take symbolic logic so you don't have to explain what a false dichotomy is to me.

So Irwin's shooting percentage will regress down, but his on-ice shooting percentage won't regress up? Now that's a huge double standard. Either you believe that his true shooting talent is 11.4%, which would be Stamkosian for a defenseman, or you believe in random variance. There's nothing false about that dichotomy.
Ooooof. My head hurts. He looks good on the ice to me. Talk about paralysis by analysis.
Do you guys even enjoy watching hockey, or is it all about esoteric logic/statistics?
Not trying to spitball here, but I think his NHL skill is due to the NHL coaching he's been recieving.

AstroDan is offline   Reply With Quote