View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Honestly, I'd rather give Gaunce a callup to see what he has in him at the NHL level over Barrie right now.

This team is already a complete disaster, even Barrie cant save them. I would rather Barrie stay in the AHL and get to really work on his game. But most importantly I would rather keep Barrie far away from the Clown.

Bring Gaunce up and see if his defensive game is good enough for the NHL. If its not we should ship him as well at the deadline for a pick or something.
The last thing we need is to make a slow defense even slower. I'm not opposed to calling Gaunce up, but O'Byrne and Zanon need to be gone in order to do so. And not instead of Barrie. Barrie can work on his game here just fine.

One thing about Sacco--young players seem to develop just fine under him, so I don't think any added exposure to his general incompetence will make things any worse.

One very potentially upsetting thing that Chambers brought up: Did ownership/management decree the demotion of Barrie for financial purposes? God, I hope not. I don't think that's the case per se since if they really wanted to save $$$, they could just flip O'Byrne for a 7th rounder or something.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote