View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 05:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
You, me and the 99% of the population that is normal, this would work for.

But considering its live, right in front of (I assume) 16,000 people, you just know some dumb, drunk jackass will pop off a question about Dry Island, or 'Why did you **** my sister last night' or whatever dumbass comment they think off. You can't even pre-screen the question, because what they tell you they are going to ask, and what they do ask, are different things at times. Ever heard a radio call-in show get prank called? Same situation.

A better idea would be to have some form of a questionairre that fans get/can pick up and they submit their questions in the first period/intermission into a drop box. Set up an electronic drop box for fans to e-mail/text/whatever their questions as well. Then just pull a few random ones and ask them.

"Jim Bob in section A, row... wants to know..."

or

"Wilma Flintstone from Bedrock, Wisconsin, is curious why..."

That way the fans can ask the questions, just not directly, and it always makes some fans feel good when they get a shoutout when their question is used. Only drawback is DanM is likely the one asking the questions, and it seems like you guys don't like him. I'll refrain my judgment since I haven't actually heard him.
KF, I am passing along your suggestion everywhere I can and hope somebody listens. You are right on the money and that is a great idea. I would actually try and watch if that was how it was handled. Brilliant stuff. Allows a certain amount of control while getting the fan more involved. Smart way of handling things, I like it. You could even tie it into a promotion where if your question is selected you get a big mac for $4 bucks or something (instead of the $8 or $9 it must be now) .

I have to watch most of the games on NHL.com's "icetracker" function while listening on the radio. I get to watch the games and extra stuff after they happen most of the time until I get home. That said I would make a greater effort to pay attention of it was handled professionally or just plain old better with a bit more forethought.

I hear DanM lucked into his shot, I don't want to see anyone fail at anything where the Kings are concerned (I actively don't like M Smith and that is about it) so I hope smarter people get their heads together and find a way to make the guy work but I am not holding my breath this time.

Here's to hope though.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote