View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaguchi View Post
I am afraid I will disagree.

Cameron Michael Neely had quite impressive offensive stats before Adam Oates joined him at the Boston Bruins club.
He did, but his best season was under Oates for sure. 50-in-49. 74 points in 50 games. Those are numbers that Neely never had before. He peaked at 92 points. He was on pace for 124 points in that 1993-'94 year. Maybe he doesn't keep up that pace but I wouldn't doubt it if he gets at least 110. That was again Adam Oates inflating a player's stats. Heck even Brett Hull's numbers were never the same without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Indeed he would. Oates was probably one of the best playmakers of the 90's. Don't think he's better than Crosby or Malkin but he's still a good playmaker.
I sincerely think if you did a poll and asked who is a better playmaker between Oates and Crosby you'd have a tough call. There is no doubt Crosby is the better player overall but to just isolate it to playmaking? Very close and possibly in Oates' favour as of now. Remember, Oates wasn't a huge goal scoring threat. He was thinking pass first all the time. Other teams knew this and still somehow he was able to set up players for goals all the time. It is almost like a quarterback in the NFL who passes 90% of the time and despite the defenses knowing this he still connects.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote