View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 05:43 PM
ATL Star

vCash: 500
Coming this weekend to First (Home) Stars Game: Advice?

Good afternoon Stars fans,

Having finally put the Thrashers behind me before this season (good riddance), I have welcomed back into my heart the team that first brought me my love of hockey, and, hopefully, won't leave me for a frozen truck stop on the Canadian Prairies.

So, with my bags soon to be packed and girlfriend in tow, I will be making the 5 1/2 hours drive west on I-20 Friday morning to Dallas to spend the weekend bar hopping, and attending my first game at AAC.

I've already purchased tickets off of ebay (section 112, row H), and have a hotel right downtown. My question to you guys is, what do you suggest I do Friday and Saturday night to maximize my trip?

I was in Dallas last September for the Alabama game, and had a great time. However, I wasn't able to go out to the bars Friday night, because I had to pick someone up early Saturday morning. Besides the Loon of course, what are some great bars around McKinney (or near it) that are a "must see?"

As for the game Saturday, I want to have the full gameday experience. Are there tailgates, or is the plaza really the go-to for drinking and Music.

Any and all tips are welcome, so let me have it.

GO STARS!

ATL Star is offline   Reply With Quote