DW in panic mode; Clowe Available (Murray and Handzus Gone)
View Single Post
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Join Date: Jul 2002
Originally Posted by
1. No forward depth.
2. Havlat and Clowe are constantly out or playing injured so they suck when they're in.
3. Douglas Murray continues to play, usually pairing with another defensive D so there is absolutely no offense coming from whichever group of forwards is stuck with them.
4. Low even strength on-ice shooting percentage for the team. 6.3%, which is by far the worst in the league. Should start to bound back up to aroun 7.5%
5. The system is ultra conservative. It advocates preventing goals over scoring goals, which is a huge mistake.
6. Pavelski has been a bit of a disappointment this season compared to how good he's been the past two. Thornton, Marleau, Couture, and (lol) Burns are the only forwards who can score.
7. Have I mentioned we have absolutely no forward depth? Considering the Clowe/Havlat injures, Tommy Wingels is our 5th best forward. Yes, Tommy Wingels.
8. The coaches have no idea how to best utilize the personnel they have.
A defensie corps that looked like:
would be one of the best in the league
. Unfortunately, Demers is glued to the press box because he's pissed someone high up (player, coach, whatever) off. Larry Robinson is in love with Douglas Murray, who is the single worst defenseman playing in the NHL right now and refuses to sit him. On top of that, he forces Stuart to play with one of Vlasic or Murray, which is a huge mistake because none of those three have significant puck skills.
TL;DR, basically this season's failure is injury, bad luck, coaching, the system, bad lineup decisions, and disappointing seasons from a couple of players.
The scary thing is, it would only be one of the best. Not the best.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by OrrNumber4