View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 06:05 PM
mossey3535

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
I am only addressing the center position because i think it is the cause of all the other problems. We have had problems the last two years but still won the President's Trophy so they were not structural problems. This year's problem is. We do not have enough NHL centers. If the other team has a large advantage at center you will not make up that difference by slight advantages at d and goalie. Especially when much of that advantage is with the backup goalie and an overpaid 6 or 7th dman. The team is structured poorly. Kesler coming back and not breaking his foot in his third game will help as would the pickup of another NHL centericeman. You can hide people on the wing. You cannot hide players at center they have the puck more then other forwards, and they play more d fense than other forwards. I hate talking about faceoffs by obviously when you suck at them it affects your team's pp and pk. AV is the same coach as always. I think he is fine, i disagree with his use of goalies, and his use of dmen, but i cannot complain about his use of centers as he has no options.
Except we didn't even try to carry 4 centers for several games there and instead experimented with wingers at center. I would forgive this if we tried using the centers we had, and in the positions each one is suited for and it failed miserably. But we have yet to do that.