View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Catamarca Livin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
If the centre group is so poor, why not take advantage of Schroeder having a good game and play him with your 2nd line wingers? Schroeder's chance differential yesterday was 5-0 (best on the team by a wide margin).

Still doesn't address the troubles with the current system that everyone defending AV seems to just skirt around.
This could be true but Scheoder has had plenty of "good games" where he did not show up on the scoreboard. Maybe AV thought he was having a good game vs. the other teams 4th line and with two bigger wingers so did not want to change that. Ebbet is weaker defensively but has a better nose for the net, so seems more likely to produce offense. In the moment of truth Schoeder does the button curl and looks for a trailer, which has not worked this year. I think Schoeder will develop into a useable NHL center but he is not there yet.

Not everyone is defending AV, it is probably a minority. and Yes the center group is that poor. Which Center has the most points behind Henrik? I do not know either. There is a bunch of them around 5. So yes we have Henrik than 3 equivalent 20 point center ice men. Who make approx 1.1milion 800k adn 500k a piece and none of them are playing above their salary. I will say AV is not getting the max out of this team if you and Barney will say we are below average at centerice and that centerice is obviously the most important forward position so we should expect average results at best with this weakness.

Kadri has 25 points this year, if AV can get a 5 (20) point center ice man to become a 25(70) point man he deserves the Jack Adams Trophy. Perhaps Kadri is a better player than the three centers we are using right now.

Last edited by Catamarca Livin: 03-19-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: leafs