View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Roy's far from my ideal 2nd line center, but I think everyone saying we'll be fine without him is really going to miss him.

That's not a knock on Eakin ... that's a knock on Fiddler or Roussel or the defensive center they probably end up replacing him with. Dallas is a better team with three centers who are threats to create offense. I like Roussel, and I'm please with his offense, but he's never been a consistent scorer at any level. There's not much reason to think he's going to keep on scoring at a nice pace.
I know what you're saying and Roy is a good player. We shouldn't be quick to dismiss his contributions. But, while he's still not old he is at that point in his career where you have to wonder how many more very good years he has left, especially given the money he is going to command on this market. I don't think most people really feel that losing him is no big deal, I just think most people are resigned to the fact that he won't be back. Get what you can now and address the 2nd/3rd line center roles via deadline trade, draft trade, or free agency.

I wanted him before he went to Phoenix because of his faceoff prowess and I would still love to have Boyd Gordon in a Stars sweater. Honestly, with Bozak being a free agent I think Joe (if he's still GM) go after him pretty hard. He's playing too many minutes in Toronto but he would be a good tweener guy competing for ice time with Eakin. He's also a >50% faceoff guy.

There are options that will have to be explored for sure.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote