View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 07:45 PM
anleva

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Call me crazy but I never understood the hype about Dumervil anyways.

I'd take Freeney, Osi, Doom, or Abraham - they're all pretty much in the same category/level for me. Dumervil is elite pass rusher but can't play every down. All 3 of those other guys can. Also, you got Knighton, Wolfe, Ayers, and Vickerson now. Whoever comes in for us is just going to be in the rotation anyways. Even though Freeney, Osi, and Abraham are up there in age I believe Ayers has to make a turn in his career the next 2 years or he's done. Any of those guys are really needed for one year only. If Ayers don't pan out, Wolfe becomes full time DE and we grab a DT in the draft next year (or heck we may even do it this year)

Just never understood the Dumervil hype very much I guess. I still can't decide which is worse - if the Broncos actually bring this guy back at a large price or if he ends up with the Steelers or Ravens in a 3-4 and haunts the Broncos (because thats the scheme he really should be playing in anyways).
Well stated, I agree for the most part.

Let Steelers and Ravens play him in a 3-4 and let Peyton exploit him. Issue with Dumervil playing in a 3-4 is he can't cover and play in space so you can burn him when he has coverage responsibilities. In a 4-3 he gets washed out against the run. One dimensional player but above average at what he does well, rush the passer. But there are other options out there. I wish we had even pursued guys like Avril, Bennet or even Kruger earlier in this free agency process while they were out there.