View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
how exactly can you even determine or quantify all 6 teams being 'stacked' or 120 players at all star level?.. extremely subjective and even if one buys the premise it would be more applicable in the later stages than in the early 06 era when the NHL contracted right?
Well no, even by subjective perspectives having been around myself during that era and as a no nothing kid, even I could clearly see the suck that passed for an NHL team with the Bruins & Rangers. I clearly remember watching the Leafs or Habs playing Boston or New York, and it wasnt much to watch. Both teams a good step slower, almost always on the defensive, like they didnt even belong in the league but for a handful of their players. Sure they were "game" enough, but you had a pretty good idea it was all but over by about halfway through the 1st period. Loved guys like Howell, Rod Gilbert was a hell of a talent, some good goalies, Worsley, Villemure; Boston with Bucyk, Boivin, Kurtenbach & Eddie Johnston but beyond that, slim pickins.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote