View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

vCash: 500
I think Fil is underrated on this board in terms of the talent he possesses.

I think he's the 3rd best forward on this team, and I don't think he's as far behind as most people think.

Now even I don't think he's worth 5 or 5+ million a year, but if he walks are we going to be able to find a better forward in free agency or trade for 5 million or less a year? I don't think that's a guarantee.

I know a lot of people think Nyquist or Tatar will replace him with no problem, but I also don't think that's a guarantee. And I'm one of the biggest Nyquist supporters on this board.

I really have no problem with letting Fil walk given the money he is likely to demand. But if he walks this summer, and then Dats walks next summer we could hurting for top 6 forwards. That's losing two top-notch puck possession players who are the best on the team at skating through the neutral zone and gaining the line. We're really going to miss them on Power Plays and on the rush.

Seems like it's going to be the whole losing Lidstrom, Stuart, Rafalski thing all over again. But with the offense this time. Which is why it's idiotic that Nyquist and Tatar are still AHL players.