View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 09:35 PM
vadim sharifijanov
ugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
He did, but his best season was under Oates for sure. 50-in-49. 74 points in 50 games. Those are numbers that Neely never had before. He peaked at 92 points. He was on pace for 124 points in that 1993-'94 year. Maybe he doesn't keep up that pace but I wouldn't doubt it if he gets at least 110. That was again Adam Oates inflating a player's stats. Heck even Brett Hull's numbers were never the same without him. .
i don't remember, but was neely even more injured than usual in his last 5 games of the '94 season? how did he go scoreless in the games after hitting 50? according to the stats sheet i'm looking at, he had eight goals in the previous five games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Well when Oates got inducted this past November he specifically spoke of Hull (who was out in the crowd) in great light. Saying something along the lines of "Hullsie, you know how I think of you." Hull himself also spoke highly of Oates in the short video presentation for him. I don't think there is any hard feelings, those two were born to be linemates and they knew it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
Thank you for the insightful post. I really think that Hull is full of **** though. Maybe he has some sort of a grudge against Oates for mentioning specifically Zezel as being the reason for that season. Or maybe it sounds bad without a context and he just wanted to acknowledge some other players having part on his top seasons.
by all accounts, hull and oates were best friends when they played together. the warmth showed during oates' HHOF induction suggests that there's no bad blood.

i was disappointed that when hull was enshrined in '09, he didn't single out any teammates except zezel, who had just died. i remember pretty clearly looking forward to what heartfelt things he'd say about his old buddy adam.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote