Thread: PGT: Habs lose 3-2 in OT
View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 10:51 PM
jedimyrmidon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
See, this is the problem. It wasn't an innocuous play - it was an unnecessary one. That's life with P.K. though - 9 games out of 10 you take the good and the other game you take the bad. We'd all like to see him improve his decision making so that things like his penalty tonight don't happen anymore, but it's part of the learning process. In the mean time, there's nothing wrong with calling a poor decision a poor decision.

Anyway I just got back from the game...we definitely deserved better. The first was horrid but overall the team played great until the end. Some individual thoughts

-Gionta, Galchenyuk and Subban must have missed a combined 900 shots tonight. Gionta in particular was his usual blackhole self until he got robbed at the end of the game.

-Desharnais was pretty bad tonight, lousy on the first two Sabres goals. Really needs to be held more accountable for his play in his own zone.

-Gallagher was amazing and kickstarted everything for his line, which was looking pretty quiet until the shift where they scored.

-Eller is just on a level we've never consistently seen from him before. Special player.

-Emelin mishandled just about every puck that came near him tonight.

-Tinordi played really well. Missed his debut so this was my first look at him. Always been a fan of his and I'm hoping for the best.

-Ryder looked particularly sluggish tonight. I hate him and Gionta on the same line - both guys have the creativity of cinder blocks.
Eller really is amazing. Refs would normally call interference or something against the Sabres, but Eller just plowed through them on his way to the net. Habs better keep him long term.

People were getting on Galchenyuk's back for not producing, but I'm almost positive that almost every single one of his points this season have either been primary assists or goals. And his primary assists are usually very noticeable - as in, he makes an incredible pass that leads directly to a goal.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote