View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 11:28 PM
The Perfect Human*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Agreed, this is the type of stretch Hall was made for and what the Oilers drafted him for.

He may not be able to get them to the post season this year, but I think we'll see him take it to another level these last 20 games here for sure.
I'm sorry, but how come this only applies to Hall and no one else? Is his style of game automatically inherent to making him a "stretch" player?

Before coming to the Oilers he was the best player on the best team in junior hockey - they never had to endure a "stretch" run at any point because they were just always dominant.

Facing this type of adversity and fighting through it isn't something that's in your blood, it's something you gain from experience. Each of the kids is going to be responsible from hereon in to step up their game and be aware of what's at stake. This isn't Game 60 of a tank season anymore - there's a playoff spot on the line.

He's an excellent player, and I hope his play motivates the likes of RNH/Ebs to step it up down the stretch. This team needs 3 lines operating at a scoring level to make the playoffs, because they sure as hell aren't going to do it with defensive play.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote