Old
03-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Not sure about that.

Strangely enough the rebound from markets sometimes results in higher ticket sales post lockout possibly due to limiting product and thereby making it more attractive.

Theres a few commentators that speculate the occasional withdrawal of product might be good for business as it creates want and reduces saturation.

Think of it as a prohibition type phenomenon. What happens to booze sales after a prolonged period of no booze available?
No, it made a sizable difference.

Ohio's been hammered by the recession, just as Ohio gets hammered in every recession. When a lot of people are struggling and a lot are just starting to get back on their feet, the following happened:
- A poor 2011-12 season
- The looming threat of a season-ending lockout, which prevented people from actually looking at snapping up season tickets
- The All-Star Game actually being cancelled, which was basically throwing gasoline onto an already-burning fire that the venom of the lockout was creating

As soon as the lockout ended, training camp began and was completely packed. The passion for hockey never left; it's a classic case of not financially supporting something out of protest.

(Does anyone mind if I keep hanging around this thread? I promise to be good...at least until someone utters "the R word")

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote