Old
03-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
No, it made a sizable difference.

Ohio's been hammered by the recession, just as Ohio gets hammered in every recession. When a lot of people are struggling and a lot are just starting to get back on their feet, the following happened:
- A poor 2011-12 season
- The looming threat of a season-ending lockout, which prevented people from actually looking at snapping up season tickets
- The All-Star Game actually being cancelled, which was basically throwing gasoline onto an already-burning fire that the venom of the lockout was creating

As soon as the lockout ended, training camp began and was completely packed. The passion for hockey never left; it's a classic case of not financially supporting something out of protest.

(Does anyone mind if I keep hanging around this thread? I promise to be good...at least until someone utters "the R word")
A lot of US markets have been hammered and this "protest" appears to be going on nowhere else. One of the biggest surprises is how many recently struggling US markets have done real well at the box office since this lockout. I wasn't really expecting that. For instance who can explain the Dallas rebound. Are they giving tickets away there? That club isn't very good, and struggling at box office till this season.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote