View Single Post
Old
03-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers28giroux View Post
I got to believe if he ends this season on a strong note and possibly has a good showing in the playoffs (which it looks like the Canadiens will get in), he should be in consideration for one of the final center spots probably competing against the likes of Stastny and Stepan.

Galchenyuk is one of our many future key players going forward in international play.
It's gaining steam but he's going to really play at a level to even get a mention. It's the same argument that Canada had when they were debating Stamkos making it last go around.

He will have to be playing considerably better than one of the following:

Pavelski, Kesler, Stastny, Stepan, or Backes. I don't see that happening with the exception of maybe Stasty or Stepan. If Kesler's healthy he's a lock. That said, with his talents he's suited well for the international game and his play in the WJC shows that. However he's young, and I'm not exactly sold as together or not he should be involved. An invite, yes.

The real litmus test? The playoffs this year. If he can demonstrate what he's capable of I will not be surprised in the least if USA doesn't give him a serious look.