View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 12:01 AM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal2TheOil View Post
The problem is that sticks are very personal for many players. Even if a player is lucky to have a company make sticks to their specifications, there is a lot of tweaking that goes on. There are some youtube videos for players like Brooks Laich, Ryan Smyth, Petr Sykora modifying their sticks after they receive a shipment. Jason Spezza is another example of a guy shaving down his stick and modifying it constantly. It makes it difficult to keep a track of what they actually use. Not to mention some players will borrow a teammate's stick and then suddenly change their preferences, and others will paint their sticks. For example, a friend of mine got a hold of one of Andrew Cogliano's sticks which was an SE16 painted as a EQ50. I've also heard that Alex Ovechkin was using a supreme one95 painted as a CCM U+ CL.
Great points all around; there is no point in making something like this. No benefits whatsoever. Your last point bolded though, is incorrect. He did use a One95 for a bit, but companies never paint over each other to the best of my knowledge.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote