View Single Post
Old
03-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
I think Richards HAS been much better the last few games, but I think Gaborik is still invisible. He's been marginally better the last two games, but he still floats around, is softer than a marshmallow and looks like he couldn't care less.
Couldn't disagree with this post anymore than I already do.

Richards had a good game against the Hurricanes, but aside from that, has been terrible for the past 5-7 games. I've always been a fan of Richards, and I liked his play last season, but this year he has been a detriment on the ice. Maybe it's lack of conditioning, maybe it's age, but whatever it is, it's clearly taken away Richards' effectiveness.

Gaborik, on the other hand, despite his physical shortcomings, has been by far better than Richards over the course of this season, and is still generating chances. He had an excellent game tonight, setting up a couple of quality offensive chances, and hustling in the offensive zone. I can tell the goals are going to come for Gaborik, he's trying, they're just not going in for him. Especially over the last 4-5 games, he's played very well.

That being said, while Gaborik has played well, he STILL needs to pick up his play. He needs to finish, that's his job. He has 1 goal in his last 16 games. Unacceptable. Neither of these player's play has generally been acceptable, but I'm willing to give Gaborik a bit more leeway as A) he's creating offensive chances and B) he's had a better history with the Rangers than Richards has had. He's proven he can succeed on this team. Richards hasn't done that as of yet, and it looks like he may never do so. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote